Thursday 30 January 2014

What's on my nails #5


Time for another peek at what I'm sporting on my tips this week! For this manicure I'm defying the grey weather (it is STILL raining in Hampshire) and have gone for something a bit more cheerful in the shape of Essie Butler Please.

It's been a while since I've done a blue nail and I fell in love with this shade as soon as it dropped through my letter box in a Direct Cosmetics order so naturally it had to be the first to be tested of the (ahem, several) new additions to my stash. It's so bright and vibrant and not at all January-ish!

As you can see, Butler Please is a vivid electric blue with not a hint of shimmer, just block colour with a gel like shine. This is the sort of colour that would look good on any skin tone but is especially "poppish" on paler hands like mine. Annoyingly though this Essie offering isn't as nice as others I have. The formula is quite thick meaning 2 coats plus base and top coat made my nails noticeably thicker and unfortunately it chipped pretty badly, requiring regular repairs until I lost patience and took it off after 3 days. Beautiful colour but disappointing quality.

What's going on on your nails this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment