Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 - It's Here!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I'm not really a fan of New Year's resolutions - it's all too easy to make grandiose promises after a few glasses of festive fizz only for the cold light (and rain) of January to give you the perfect excuse not to start that daily run/trip to the gym/reduction in chocolate intake. Been there, done that, cancelled the gym membership! However, being a plan to the last detail control freak type I do like an opportunity to come up with a list of things I want to try and do in the forthcoming year. Some of them I achieve, some of them I don't, but it's nice to have something to aim for.

So, this is what I'm planning for 2014, and they are most definitely not resolutions!

Beat those blemishes! Having introduced a serious amount of exfoliation into my regime recently (look out for a forthcoming post on what I'm using) I'm determined to finally conquer my evil blemish prone complexion once and for all! That I've gotten this far is muchly thanks to fellow bloggers, particularly Kate at Gh0stparties and JennyPurr, so of course I'll be looking to those skincare gurus and the inimitable Caroline Hirons for further inspiration!

Learn to love lippie! I'm not a huge wearer of lip colour, mainly because my lips are so dry all the time, but I love the way it looks so my plan is to find a truly impressive lip balm (Nuxe RĂªve de Miel I'm looking at you) and embrace all those lovely glosses, mattes, nudes, bolds and berries.

Ditch the drugstore! Ok I don't mean I'll be turning in my Advantage card any time soon, but I do want to try some more high end brands. I've never bothered with more that the odd Clinique and Benefit eye product before because of the state of my skin (although in hindsight I might have had more success with a higher end brand - doh!) but now that it's slowly starting to improve, and since getting into beauty blogs and discovering a world of wonder products, I'm ready to splash some cash!

The Chop! My hair is really long, really thick and between you and me it's not in the best condition at the ends. In truth it's too long as it gets in my way and is so heavy I can't wear it in a ponytail for more than a couple of hours without a headache. So the time has come for me to follow the blogger trend and go for The Chop. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go shoulder length but shorter it will most definitely be, and I'm already looking forward to having hair I can style and wear in a nice up do. Watch this space to see just how brave I end up being!

Blog, blog, blog! Although this is still very much a baby blog I'm having lots of fun writing it (hopefully you're enjoying reading it too!) so I'll be cracking on with it in 2014 and at the very least let you know how I get on with my other plans. I'm aiming to get into a more regular posting routine with some new ideas I've come up with and there will definitely be some bike posts come spring - I really do ride that shiny beast on my About Me page! Of course if there's anything you'd like to see me writing about please, please let me know - I'll never say no to free inspiration!

What are you hoping to get up to in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment